Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Book Review: "Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav


I thought I'd read "Seat of the Soul" many years ago.

I knew I'd read "Seat of the Soul" many years ago in the early 1990s when it was first published.

The question I should have asked myself as I tried to recall whether I'd read the book was "Where was your consciousness then?"

Indeed, should you have read as powerful and insightful book as this one by Gary Zukav and not remembered, then you would have had to be truly UNCONSCIOUS at the time.


Obviously, that was the case for me.

Reading a book for its intellectual value and for spiritual interest is one thing. Reading a book for its connection to your Soul is another.

Well, I read the book in late January to satisfy my Soul!
My entire consciousness in reading the book this time was different, and I tell you... I could NOT get enough of Zukav's insights!

Word after word...was a gem.
Insight after insight...was pure gold...for my Soul.


I came home.

I stayed up through the night to read every last word of its 248 pages, the day I bought it.

I went to bed at 2: 15 a.m. on a Friday night.
I fell into a contented sleep after I'd completed the book: I'd finally, truly come home to my soul.


Zukav delivers a message to the soul, about the soul and for the soul that only a master who has walked before you can deliver!

He charted the course very clearly of the spiritual walk, the dance we do between our five-sensory human, which knows only its Personality, and the multisensory human, who answers only to the call of Soul, once we begin a sincere and committed walk with Spirit.


First he starts out by talking of Evolution, where he talks about our Personalities and our five-sensory perceptions of the world. Then he leads you through Spirit's call to the Soul. "When the energy of the soul is recognized, acknowledged and valued, it begins to infuse the life of the personality. When the personality comes fully to serve the energy of its soul, that is authentic empowerment."


He said this book is about "authentic empowerment---the alignment of the personality with the soul---what that involves, how it happens and what I creates."

He said this on page 31.

I knew then that he had me hooked for the night! There was NO WAY I was putting this book down until I'd read EVERY LAST WORD about how the personality aligns with the Soul!

You see I knew something about how this personality challenges the Soul in its work with Spirit. Time and time in my walk on this spiritual path, I'd thought I'd reached a plateau only to be hurdled back down to earth with a challenge from my Personality that responds only its five senses and the ways of the world.

Even as I grew to understand the Personality's needs and its ties to EGO, I still felt like a shrinking violet in its grip when someone who is SOLELY a five-sensory human, with NO inkling to the Spirit, crossed my path.

There was NO way I'd like them get away without a dose of my human medicine.

Reactive mind...Reactive mind...Reactive mind.

Yes. I chose to respond in kind because they were ONLY HUMAN, ONLY PERSONALITY AND EGO, but in order to assuage my anger I had to go "there" with them.

Then, came Karma.

The Law of Karma governs the balancing of energy within our system of morality and within those of its neighbors, according to Zukav. The law also reflects to the third law of motion,"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Well, I knew that...

Because every time I chose to use my reactive mind vs. responding to a situation, the energy, the very negative energy, I'd sent out boomeranged back at me.

I knew the law of karma very well.

I was still paying karmic debt for recent situations when I picked Zukav's book.
Actually, the book came to me. That was the work of my Soul that knew I needed to get past the recent challenges.

I'd gone to my now favorite place for books, "the thrift" shop and was browsing, not finding anything I wanted except for one book I thought I would give to someone.

Despite not finding anything for ME, I wouldn't leave the bookcase. I KNEW there was something there for me.

I saw it, picked it up and since I'd already read it, I and thought "I'll keep this for a person who needs it." It was only 99 cents.

When I got home, it was another story, as I skimmed the contents of the book and realized it was EXACTLY what I needed to address my current situation, especially when I saw the chapter on KARMA.

Yes. I was hooked for the night.


Chapter after chapter, about Reverence to and for Life, Heart, Intuition, Light and Intention, spoke directly to my Soul and where I was on my journey.

This book was the answer to my prayer for putting together all the dynamics I'd experienced and was still experiencing in trying to reach WHOLENESS.

It was a book of the Soul for my Soul. And...like I said...I was guided to it by MY SOUL!


Then the last section of the book was on Responsibility, once you knew that you were following the Soul's call and not Personality's (EGO'S).

Here Zukav talks about Choices i.e. those that we make in each moment, through unconscious awareness or a raised consciousness. He explains about the role these choices make in terms of our karmic debt and our life experiences.

Next in this section, Zukav leads you through Addiction and addictive behavior and the choices we make either for Personality or the Soul.


In "Relationships," he talks about those based on needs of personality and those that are spiritual partnerships and why we choose to form these latter ones more so for the good of mankind.

Zukav talks about the different types of Souls: group souls of animals and those of the lower kingdoms and individual souls of mankind. He even got in a section on Angelic Souls and other highly evolved beings.

The last four chapters Zukav takes you through the Psychology of being, Illusion, Power and Trust, all necessary to completing this "course" on Soul.

That's what it feels like when you close the book. You've gotten a THOROUGH understanding of the Soul: its calls, its search with you to find itself, its walk with you through the wilderness, then the raised Consciousness of its Presence to walk a higher ground in the time you have left on Earth.

If you had to read ONE book with all the ingredients you'll need for the Spiritual walk, this is IT!

Be sure, though, that you're first in the place where your CONSCIOUSNESS can grasp all its details and the ssweetness, purity and power of the Soul that wrote it and that which lead you to it!



Without this level of consciousness, like me, you'll just be reading from the intellect and that troubling aspect of ourselves called, PERSONALITY, a self you'll know you've left behind once you can fully grasp and can get into the SEAT OF YOUR SOUL!

Gary Zukav: You TRULY are a BLESSED SOUL for mankind!

Namaste',

Che'

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.