Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Book Review: If not for the ..."Grace of God" by Joyce Meyer


So now that you've found out that you can operate fully with multi-sensory perceptions in the world, as detailed in last month's Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav, where do you go from there?

In steps that could only have been experienced by a spiritual pro like, Joyce Meyer, you get a full understanding of how Grace can work in your life, day by day, moment by moment. She writes, "Actually the grace of God is not complicated or confusing. It is simple, and that's why so many people miss it."


With candor, freshness and purity that are Trademark Meyer, we are invited to live with God, moment by moment, by seeking Grace.

Meyer details that how she was saved by Grace from her willful personality, which wanted to do it all and be it all.

"Besides trying to change myself, I was trying to change everything else in my life. I was trying to change my husband, my children, all my circumstances, everything that I thought was the root cause of my problems. I tried and tried and tried until I felt I would die from frustration. Trying to do something about something you can't do anything about is frustrating."


"After struggling for years as a Christian and a preacher, I finally got it through my head that it is not by my might or power, but it is by the Spirit of the Lord that I am to live. The success of my life and ministry does not depend upon my effort, but upon the presence and power of the one Who lives his life in me and through me." (Gal.2:20)

"Sometimes in our zeal to serve the Lord, we do too much. I know there have been times when I was actually overprepared. I studied and prayed for so many hours that I got all caught up in me. Often that is why, despite all our activity, nothing happens. Even when God does show up and work in and through us, sometimes we are not thankful and grateful because we think we earned the results by our own efforts."

Joyce Meyer, throughout this wonderful book, addresses those who would be boastful and proud, and those, especially who believe they are SOMEHOW blessed and others cursed.

"Instead of boasting of our great strength or knowledge or power or accomplishments, we should begin each day by saying, 'Here am I, Lord, ready for whatever You have for me to do. I empty myself, as much as I know how, to allow Your grace to flow in my life, to cause me to be able to do whatever it is that You desire for me. I cast myself totally upon You. I can be only what You allow me to be, I can have only what You will for me to have, I can do only what You empower me to do---and each victory is to Your glory, not mine.'"

She talks about the fact that "You and I are the vessels through which God does His own works. We are partners with God." She then goes on to say that this is an awesome privilege and that we need to remember this, "He allows us to share in His glory as long as we remember that apart from Him we can do nothing."

About those people, who REALLY REALLY disturb my peace, every time I hear them claiming that they are "Blessed," and that they somehow have EARNED blessings, Joyce Meyer writes,"If God could bless only perfect people, then He could never bless anyone, because we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Rom. 3:23)


Thank you, Joyce, for STRAIGHTENING that one out!

She said for a long time in her life, she would blame her frustration on the devil and say, "'Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus!' But it wasn't the devil who was frustrating me, it was God!"


She cites 1 Peter 5:5, where she writes, "God opposes, frustrates and defeats, the proud, the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful. Who are these people? They are the ones who try to figure everthing for themselves, those who try to do it their way rather than God's way. They are the ones who try to change themselves into what they think they ought to be rather, than asking God to bring about within them the changes that He desires to make."


I love this outspoken preacher and her clearcut writing!


If you want to a book that really delivers on what it promises to help you "Break free from bondage and take hold of all that is yours by the grace of God," this is the book for you!

Namaste',
Che'
NOTE: In our next book review, we'll look at the book that is causing a MAJOR stir in spiritual and religious communities, "The Shack" by Wm. Paul Young.

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.