Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, January 4, 2015

How To Gain The Whole World And Not Lose Your Soul: Ditch the Wrath

"Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; fret not thyself in any wise to do evil." Psalm 37: 8           
Photo Credit: Begin With "Yes!"
Hello 2015! Hello You! Hello New You!

We're beginning this spanking new year...with the right attitude.

Throughout this year, we will feature each month all the emotions, thoughts and actions that separate us from Wholeness and the Truth of our being. These are the negatives that can in turn lead us to all the toxic results we see showing up as different experiences in our lives, separating us further from our Souls.

So we begin this month with Wrath, or how the lack of forgiveness towards others can destroy all the positive goals we may have already achieved and those we've set for the future.

No matter where you are as this new year reaches you, you can begin by saying, "YES!" to life
Photo Credit: http://www.timharman.com
and capture as much Love and Peace the universe is waiting to pour out on you. Yes, YOU!

The reason I can say this now...today...is that I'm writing this as the Fall begins ...
way back in the year 2014.

Yes, it's October 2014, and today, I've decided that I always will have the right attitude about life....no matter how trying the circumstances that confront me in the day-to-day issues of life.  

I can say this with confidence, because I know the reason you're reading these words, and they've not been been deleted is that the decision to have the "right attitude" towards life has propelled me forward to this joyous day: January 4th 2015.

You see, I woke up on this Fall day deciding that whatever issues I may have to deal with today...nothing is worth sacrificing my peace and sense of contentment.

Trust me: On this day...there are issues waiting to be resolved. 


(Even aspiring mystics have challenges to overcome. It's the choices we make moment by moment that determine success or failure over those challenges.)
But from today...I have the right attitude, so those issues can wait.

As a matter of fact, I'll just let them dissolve themselves...just melt away on their own.

Photo Credit: Mentors' Channel
The fact that I can even think this way is ...huge.

A week ago, I had a huge "unforgiveness" issue. I had to go deep down within to resolve the issues by pulling up the roots from where the lack of forgiveness stems. In retrospect, yes, even a week later, I can see that the reason I got so bent out of shape was that the issue arose seemingly out of nowhere, so I was unprepared and surprised by it. Add to that the fact that I was being self righteous by believing I'd gotten past my inability to forgive. So, I felt the challenge had little to do with me and more to do with the other side. Ha! 
Via Mentors' Channel (find on Facebook)

The truth is that WRATH is a great divider with us and other people in our lives. These can be family, friends, colleagues,  and even strangers, and these issues of wrath and unforgiveness can plague us for a lifetime.

Some people choose to carry grudges against others all their lives.  You may know some folks who as adult are still angry about what a parent, a sister or brother or a childhood friend did or said decades ago. We can choose to hold on... if we wish...but we also should not complain about a life that is half satisfying and less than whole. 







Or, we can choose to step away from the darkness and into the light and have the right attitude towards issues and challenges in the moment they crop up.

We simply have to make a decision...not to let challenges or problems take over and corrupt our lives.
Via Mentors' Channel



Here's how an issue like unforgiveness can ruin an otherwise perfectly happy life:

We work very, very hard to gain a great foothold on life.We experience career success...success in relationships...we may have the perfect mate by our side ... and are experiencing Joy and Love, day by day.

Yet, we may not have cultivated the "right attitude" towards life, so that "issues" are like a waiting time bomb, stacked up like a deck of cards waiting to fall down. 

The first card on the deck may be Ingratitude: not being grateful enough for what's there; focused only on what we lack....wanting more and more, and never being satisfied.

Not being able to truly appreciate what we have can destroy the consciousness of openness that allowed us to be successful and attractive to others. So, the light of openness we created to allow those great things to happen begins to close up.
Photo Credit: From Apollo 11



One by one,  as we begin to harbor resentment and distrust towards people and what I simply call the "wrong attitude," we may begin to cultivate a climate of negativity in our lives. 
Take Stock. Take your temperature. 

Where are you holding resentment?


Let it Go!



Get into the right attitude towards life, especially unforgiveness, and the world will become your oyster! Get that new attitude! (Patti LaBelle: I've got A New Attitude)

With a "new attitude," you can overcome Wrath towards someone. As a matter of fact, the issue is there to help you learn something...often, it is to learn how to "Let Go, and Let God," and /or how to "Forgive." 

Forgiveness is the only one of the seven deadly sins that does not require you to do any real work with yourself...it simply is a decision you make, then this becomes a habit. "Let Go."

When someone does you wrong, you have three choices:
1. Continue to invest more time in the issue.
2. Seek retribution
3. Move on.


Many of us get stuck on the first two, rarely seeking to reach the third, until we're forced to do so, often with the resentment and wrath continuing to fester. This lack of forgiveness is what keeps us stuck in the past, closes the openings we worked so hard to create to let the light through when we were in a "better mood."

Well...we've got to get into the "mood" now...to let the light through again. Do not let the darkness in. This is how we can lose so much of the good we've created in our lives.




Life is built step by step. Day by day. Moment by moment. Choice by choice. 

This is the same for your achievements, which you built, thought by thought, step by step. 


Do not let a moment of wrath, i.e. unforgiveness, derail you permanently from the path of good that is laid out for you.




Keep following the light. And...
the universe always is waiting to support you.

This audiotape from the Rev. Ike Ministries (Rev. Ike's Powerful Treatment on Forgiveness) came to me in a moment that I was still resisting forgiving and letting go of the situation that was confounding me. By using this tape for just five minutes, twice, I was able to release the situation without ever looking back. By doing so, the issue miraculously ...literally...resolved itself. The situation simply melted...

Imagine the the holes...the many, many, holes we sometimes fill  with darkness in our Soul when we hold on to any of the seven deadly sins.

We are our consciousness. Whatever holes develop, let them be of light, not darkness.
"The light of the body is the eye; if therefore thine ye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. if therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness." Matthew 6:22-23

The fastest way to get that light through and burning into your life is through Forgiveness. Another sure-fire way is through Gratitude. Practicing these two attributes, you cannot fail to let the light into your life.

Here is are two affirmations I picked up at a Unity church in late 2014 that seem to work well:










I Release, and I Let Go
I release, and I let go!
I let the Spirit run my life,
and my heart is open wide.
yes, I'm only here for God!

No more struggle,
no more strife, with faith
I see the light.
I am free in the spirit, yes, I'm only
here for God.



I am So Blessed
I am so blessed.
I am so blessed.
I am so grateful for all that I have.
I am so blessed.
I am so blessed.
I am so grateful.
I am so blessed.

As we enter into this new year 2015, I invite you to let more light onto your path by forgiving all and by being grateful for all things, even those on the surface that seem bad.

By cultivating and practicing these traits and truths, I guarantee you will have a blessed 2015!

Happy 2015 to you, my friends.

Namaste',
Che'



1 comment:

Che' Vyfhuis said...

Comment from email received on 1/5/2015:
"Great article! I love that you wrote it last year in preparation for this year."
reposted by Che'

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.