Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Greater Part of You....

Photo credit: Sociedad Argentina de Horticultura
We Should Think of The "Greater Part Of You" as a sleeping giant...awakening by any touch of connection. 
Challenges in life bring the greatest men to their knees. I mean this in both a literal and figurative way.
People fall on their knees and pray ...without ceasing... when obstacles block their path
to good. God then becomes their top "agenda item," until the next obstacle comes around.

I'm not going to knock these people.

What is sad? They don't realize that God always is ..the greater part of themselves.

God IS the greater part of all we are at any stage in our lives!
Photo credit: Mentors' Channel
We may have traveled far and achieved much from our early days, and through it all, God has been the force and the fuel propelling that growth forward.

When we are able to fully connect to this greater part of ourselves during times of crisis and through prayer, seeming miracles occur. Endorphins are released into our bodies...we relax, we feel peace...we become whole.
Photo credit: Sociedad Argentina 
de Horticultura

On a daily basis, though, we can reach in and connect to this infinite source of power, strength and goodness within us.

Any time of day or night, in any given moment, we can find the same peace, we can relax, we can become the wholeness we seek...were we to reach in and simply connect.

In "The Dynamic Laws of Prayer," Catherine Ponder, a master spiritual teacher, writes,
"The shocking truth about prayer is that all prayers are answered by our loving father. Whenever a prayer seems to remain unanswered, you can be sure that somewhere there is a closed door between you and the Infinite Giver." 
I have lived this.
GOD SENT LOVE IN A BAG OF POTATOES: This potato showed up in a bag of potatoes on a day several months back when  I was having a challenging day.
Without a doubt...seeing the "love potato" stilled my fears of the moment...immediately. 
The only times my life has gotten really off track are those times when I've bought into the fears of the world and the insecurities of people surrounding me. Sometimes, it's the hands of God that reached in and grabbed me back to fullness and wholeness from the "smallness" I had cultivated around myself. 
As I proudly and gratefully celebrate yet another birthday tomorrow, I've made myself a promise: I desire and expect only the highest and best experiences in my life.
Moet & Chandon may not be everyone's best champagne, but it's certainly one of my favorites. 

"What I know and what I've learned is that when I expect and desire only the highest and best experiences in my life...(doing so without fear or doubt, but with absolute faith... and without sharing my desires with anyone else...especially those who would disparage those desires)...then only the highest and best experiences show up in my life."
We can all look back and see that our lives have been a true reflection of our thinking and our expectations. Pay attention. Look back. Trace back.. and see... when certain experiences showed up in your life.
Credit photos: 
(L: Sociedad Argentina de Horitcultura 
R: My Story ) 

Was it when you were fearful that a negative experience showed up? 


And ... 

Was it when you were holding yourself in highest regard that you began to experience the highest and best manifestations in your life, i.e. in terms of finances, job experiences, people and events? 

It's no longer a mystery to me as to why we experience life the way we do.  The simple truth: what we think about, we bring about!

Dr. Wayne Dyer, our blessed and recently departed spiritual teacher, explains this phenomenon in his book "Inspiration." "We're in a system that's directed by a Supreme Intelligence, and we're part of that system," Dyer writes. "Everything is on purpose."
Credit: My Story
"Our 'vibrational'  match-up determines what we attract and what we repel in our life. We needn't focus on what's already happened and what we've gone through; rather, we must shift our vibration upward so that it harmonizes with spirit, and then...only then... will spiritually based ideas come knocking on our door."

"There's nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come," Dyer writes.
He recommends that we try these personal affirmations to tune into things we desire and expect. "I desire it. It's on its way. there's nothing for me to worry about. '

In his book, "As A Man Thinketh [circa 1903]," from "Mind is The Master," James Allen  reflects the same thoughts. Allen writes: "A man is literally what he thinks, his character being the complete sum of all his thoughts."
Credit; Sociedad Argentina de Horticultura
"As a plant springs from, and could not be without, the seed, so every act of a man springs from the hidden seeds of thought, and could not have appeared without them. This applies equally to those acts called, 'spontaneous' and 'unpremeditated' as to those which are deliberately executed.   
"Act is the blossom of thought, and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus does a man garner in the sweet and bitter fruitage of his own husbandry."
As a progressive and evolving being, man is where he is so that he may learn and grow. Allen continues.  "And as he learns the spiritual lesson which any circumstance contains for him, it passes away and gives place to other circumstances." 



I have found that the more I have grown in wisdom and understanding, the less I want to speak. In this vein, I then choose to write no more on this subject of thoughts and life's circumstances. But I share this Allen poem with you to ponder and become wise about your own life.

"Thought in the mind hath made us. What we are
By thought was wrought and built. If a man's mind
Credit: Sociedad Argentina de Horticultura.
 (Like fine wine, we grow better with age, as the wisdom of God pours itself into us.) 
Hath evil thoughts, pain comes on him as comes the
wheel of the ox behind...                                                                                                          ...if one endures
In purity of thought, joy follows him
As his own shadow--sure."
Photo Credit; Sociedad Argentina de Horticultura
As I grow one year older, my wish for me, as well as for you, is to go deeper in Spirit. I intend to sit back of my personality more and more, allowing my Soul to move further in: into my mind and body... so that this Soulful view becomes the perspective with which I gauge and respond to the world. (Check out, from the photo on left, how relaxed and easy life seems when we're aligned and living from the Soul.) 

Over the years, especially this year that just passed for me, I have learned more than anything else that this Soul...is indeed, the greater part of me.


Namaste',
Che'

1 comment:

Che' Vyfhuis said...

REPOSTED NOTE BY CHE' FROM EMAIL...This note, and others like it, is the reason I keep on blogging after more than 5 years! Thank you kind, readers.
"I need to tell you that your blog is the most inspiring spiritual information I read on internet, it has a lot to think about. some make me laugh others make me cry, what you are doing is excellent, is educational a wonderful way to learn resources, see inspirational pictures and read about our God. Love M"

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.