Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Dedication: "There's No ME Without YOU!"



This poem is written to commemorate this special October day.
Some themes and words may sound familiar; but all's fair in
love! Thanks "Babyface" and Celine Deion!


"There's No Me Without YOU!"

I've lived so many years now,
and I know this is True:
"There's No Me Without YOU!"

I'm sorry it's taken me so long
to discover the "you" that is in "me."
But...it was a PROCESS!


For so long, I never knew
there was no "me" without you...
because so much of you is hidden

It's not until the troubles started
I looked within and realized
There's a "me"
And then, there's "'you!"


All the years, you let me be...
claiming successes and accomplishments
that came only from you...




Your invisible hands wrote all that I knew
Your invisible feet took me places
near and far
Yet, I stalled in
wanting to know
the "you" that was in "me."

Then the joys turned
into fears
As the years and troubles
gained
The tears that I cried!
The pain that I felt!
Were all a result of the
absence of awareness that
"There's No Me Without you!"


So many miles I've trod
So many roads I've wandered through
Just looking for you...

Now finally, after all these years...
I clearly see...


You were my hands when I couldn't
feel
You were my feet when I couldn't
walk
You were my eyes when I couldn't
see
You were my ears when I couldn't
hear
You were my words when I couldn't
speak
You were my heart when I couldn't
feel


You were indeed the "me" that
didn't skip a beat!


Now the only thing I know is TRUE
...is that...
There really is ...
NO ME...
Without YOU
!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!

Che'
NOTE: Today is the 111th celebration of St. Therese's Feast Day! I hope you enjoy the roses in celebration of her, too, as she was known as "the little flower." St. Therese stated, "I will let fall from Heaven...a shower of roses."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Someone just posted this on my Myspace. Confirmation.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Che'! I found you and yet I still can not find you. You're beautiful! Linnie Lee

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.