Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A 45-year-old Dream is Fulfilled! Celebrating A Color-Blind Electorate in the United States!

Black men and white men.
Black women and white women.
Brown men and brown women.
Men and women of all colors, hues, sizes and shapes voted on Tuesday,
November 4, 2008!



All those men and women listened to the Spirit of God within them.
Then, they all quietly voted!


For the first time in United States history, a black man...actually, a white and black man..actually, a brown man...actually, a colored man...

Actually, a man named Barack Hussein Obama was elected President of the United States!

With this election, the United States of America finally fulfilled a dream the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., shared with us more than 45 years ago:


"I have a dream...that one day...this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

"I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

"I have a dream today..."


Martin Luther King, Jr. did not live to see that dream, but his children did. And Barack Hussein Obama did!

On November 4, 2008, America spoke back to Martin Luther King, Jr., and told him: "We have heard you, Dr. King! We have a dream, too!"

Where I celebrated the returns in Mountain View, California, in the heart of Silicon Valley, I saw people of every color celebrating together! There were hundreds of people who poured into the Computer Museum to see the returns together. I saw grown white men and women cry in joy for Barack Obama's win!

The coaltion of people of all backgrounds was a first in U.S. history!
I did not think the country was ready for Barack Obama, so I'd supported Hillary Rodham Clinton in the primary elections. The people believed, otherwise, in the Democratic primary.

They chose Barack Hussein Obama then.


I threw my support behind him then, daring to believe in the dream...but I held my breath.


Finally, tonight... I can let out a deep sigh...and believe...that it is possible to believe in people of all colors, races, faces, sizes and hues, coming together in Spirit and deciding "YES...WE CAN!"

God spoke on November 4, 2008!

He spoke in the voices and the souls of each person who went out and cast his or her vote, or mailed a ballot, for Barack Hussein Obama.


America, I'm so proud of you! I'm so proud of YOU!

God is smiling, too, today...

I feel his smile. Dont' you feel it too...i.e. in your soul?

God Bless America!


I am confident that Barack Hussein Obama will live up to the potential he has displayed thus far!

Go Barack!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!


Namaste',

Che'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cried like a baby through his speech. I was overwhelmed with a sense of relief. People, even me, expressed a concern for his safety. But the haters are a small minority, and we have bigger things to think about. I too am proud of America, my friend. And to read this blog entry the morning after a victorious night is very refreshing. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
YES WE CAN.

Che' Vyfhuis said...

Actually, I wrote it a few weeks ago and had it set to post on Nov. 5... I DARED FATE not to change! LOL!!! I THANK GOD ...it didn't!

Che'

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.