Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Friday, November 28, 2008

It's All About Truth, Honesty and Love!




I was frustrated with my good friend. I told him so.
His response was not anger in return, but
comprehension and apology.

It takes a big person to interpret LOVE
in your frustration. But there are lots of Big
People,
I'm discovering, in the world!


I spent Thanksgiving with a family yesterday
that has the biggest heart!

The mom's name is Patsy. Her daugher Remi.
They are awesome people!


Remi has a daughter and a son. Patsy has
Remi...then she has this other "child" and
sometimes, lots of other children...


You see what Remi and Patsy have done is to expand their
world beyond their little circumference of a family of three
or four.

They have opened up their hearts and their homes to kids
whose parents are not able to care for them for one reason
or another.




What I saw yesterday in ALL the kids, both Remi's two and the others, was that they were all cared for and loved EQUALLY!

I could not differentiate in any way, the way Remi and Patsy treated
one kid from another, whether it was their own or someone else's.

I sent them a note just a few minutes ago telling them how much
JOY I had spending my Thanksgiving Day with them!



I also told them that I know they are doing God's work and living
in his Glory because I felt it in each child's Spirit!

I'd wanted to have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, despite whatever else
may be occurring in my life. Patsy, Remi, Clyde, Clinton, Roosevelt,
Angelica and the other kids provided that!



I felt truly blessed! I felt the JOY I sought.

I felt the same thing way when I got an e-card from my friend, whom
I'd dismissed after I'd expressed my frustration.

This brought to mind William Blake's* verse : "I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow."

This is so true about everything in life! It's All About Truth, Honesty and Love!

In order to be able to heal any situation, we must be willing to be truthful, honest and yet loving.

At the crux of every issue, there is the consciousness we put behind our action.

Are we at the time of expressing the emotion, conscious of being "LOVE" and wanting to give "LOVE" and clarity? Or are we just operating from our EGO self and trying to promote our own agenda, our own sense of worth, our own "take" on the issue?

The consciousness with which we intend a matter makes a whole lot of difference in how it is received.


Everything in LIFE is about Consciousness!

If we're conscious of being poor, despite whatever wealth we may have, then we are POOR!


If we're conscious of being rich, despite whatever else is lacking on the surface, we are THAT: We are Rich!


If we are conscious of being LOVE, despite our frustration, then we are LOVE! This gets communicated to the people involved.

More and more, I'm becoming aware of this ... in each moment ...by moment: Life is all about Consciousness!


We become that which we think about ALL the time.

Make sure that whatever you're thinking about...it reflects the TRUTH ABOUT YOU!

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things” (Philippians 4:8).


Namaste'

Che'
NOTE: *William Blake (1757 - 1827) was a British poet, painter, engraver and mystic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First, I am so very glad you had a blessed Thanksgiving. I rested, and was blessed for it. I really enjoy this blog; I enjoy reading about consciousness, and that we have to be CONSCIENTIOUS about CONSCIOUSNESS, lol.
In spite of moments where I trip the light fantastic (flipping, actually), I have been quite content. Perhaps I will do some more evolving and get beyond even being conscious of the downside.

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.