Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Year 2009: What We Should Have Learned!


Without question, I know that no matter when I look back on all the years of my life, I will have to pause, take a very, very long pause, as I look upon the happenings and events of 2009.

This year, without question, was one of the most provocative for me. I am sure it has been so for many others, too.


For many people, the provocation may have come from displacement in a job, financial circumstances or challenges with their health. For me, it came through a total SHIFT in connecting with my Soul.

As we approach the end of this very provocative year, we should be asking one key question: What have we LEARNED?


I share what I learned to help elicit the same "wisdom" from within you:

I learned that ....even if I ever had the slightest doubt, GOD DOES EXIST!

I learned that... God is closer to me than my very breath.

I learned that... God wants MORE for me than I ever dreamed or wanted for myself.

I learned that... God has me in the palm of his hands and everything that has happened and will happen to me is for MY OWN GOOD.

I learned that... God is LOVE, so I must be LOVE if I strive to be his ambassador of TRUTH.

I learned that... God is alive in everyone else in the planet, no matter how they may show up in the exterior; it's just a 'disguise' for his beauty, love and PRESENCE.

I learned that we must allow people...just to BE! It's not about what we want for them...it's what their God-driven Spirit is leading them to do and BE in this world!

I learned that we can have opinions about people...but NOT JUDGMENTS! We don't know what's going on inside!

I learned that ALL life has value, no matter if we understand or not.

I learned that God is the ONE Spirit within each of us, no matter HOW
we show up in the world.


I learned that God does not make mistakes, not even a tinny, tiny, one, though we sometimes want to think so. NO ONE IS A MISTAKE!

I learned that MY life is NOT about ME; it's about God!

I learned that until I get into total alignment with God's WILL and Purpose for MY life, the struggles and obstacles will continue.

I learned that God always wins!

I learned that... God is here, now, and is always HERE NOW!

I learned that ...God uses my hands and feet to reach and touch others, as he uses theirs to touch me.

I learned that ... I truly am never alone.

I learned that... when I believed there was a problem, it was just an opportunity lighting the path to my GO (o) D.

I learned that... God has no time for my EGO complaints. He wants to get the job done in and through me, and I'm blocking my GO (o)D with my petty and humanistic complaints..about 'not enough,' 'I'm scared,' or 'I can't DO IT!'

I learned that... no matter what happens to me, I will be okay....I always am okay because I always AM in the Presence of God.

I learned that... when I stop my striving, that's when God begins to do his 'arriving.'

I learned that... if I stop in the midst of my troubles and BE STILL, I will always SEE the light and feel the warmth of its touch.

I learned Wholeness.

I learned to live from the Center of my Being.

I learned to make PEACE with My Soul.


What have you learned by living through this year, 2009?

Did you and are YOU continuing to struggle with any issues or challenges that cropped up in 2009?

It's time to give them a rest...yourself a rest.

It's time for you to put aside your egoic struggles and humanistic efforts.

Leo Tolstoy:
"Vanity and seeking fame are the last garments you will have to take off. They are difficult to remove, because they prevent your spirit from being free."

I ask you to do this for GO (o) D if not for YOU:

Lay your burdens down and turn within.

Say out loud or quietly: "I am Whole and Free because YOU LIVE in ME!"


As you prepare to usher in 2010 over the next four days, if ever an uncomfortable thought pops up, shoo it away by repeating:

"I am WHOLE and FREE because YOU live in ME!"

That's what I learned in 2009.

Make your own list of what you learned in 2009 and circulate it to your friends over the next few days, starting with "I learned in 2009 that..."

May you be blessed by the PEACE of the Lord that TRULY passeth ALL understanding in 2010! May you enjoy Peace with your Soul!


Enjoy, too, what has become one of my most favorite poems!

Invictus

OUT of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley(1849–1903).

Have a wonderful NEW YEAR!


Namaste',
Che'

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.