Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Book Review: Resolution About Two Books and Review of a THIRD!


Happy 2010!!!

Can I shout it loud enough for you to HEAR ME: H-A-P-P-Y 2010!!!

Wishing You All The Joy Your Heart Can Hold this Year and A
STEADY CONNECTION TO THE SPIRIT WITHIN YOU!

This year will have some exciting changes for us all. I promise you that!


We're seeing a turnaround in the U.S. economy, and we're seeing
people increasingly reaching out in Spirit to each other.




Where I live in Fremont, California, there is a TRUE melting pot of people. I LOVE Fremont for the diversity it offers.
When I go to my gym, Bally's Total Fitness, I not only see and interact with Indians (I grew up with East Indians as some of my closest friends), but I see so many others of Asian descent: Chinese, Taiwanese, Thai and so many others of that heritage.


But then, I see my own people, too, which brings me comfort that I'm not the only one.

Then, there are the Caucasians, now increasingly making up the "minority" in places like Fremont. I love to see them too.

I feel so embraced by the love of Spirit fueled by the ethnicity and diversity that surround me. I feel blessed to be here and part of this circle of beautiful people.

So, yes, for me...2010 will be a year of Blessing, as I continue to seek out the differences and similarities I have with all the different people in the world, whether I interact with them here in Fremont or somewhere else.

I wish the same for you, too.

If you do, then I KNOW you'll similarly be BLESSED
by the love that emanates from SPIRIT through these different, yet so familiar, faces!


In 2010, I have several plans.

First, I plan to improve on my Spanish and French.


Next, I plan to see more movies on
Opening Day.



That's because it looks like this year will bring some good ones, like Denzel Washington
starring in "The Book of Eli," out on January 15. Then there are some previews I saw for movies opening in April and later. Awesome stuff!

But...my BIG THING this year: I don't plan to read any more or new spiritual books.

Let me change that.

I don't plan reading ANY new spiritual books this year, except for those that I scan just for the joy of seeing God show up in yet a new way with a new message and insight.

I will continue to read autobigraphies and biographies, of course, but I will focus mostly on fiction, though, just for the love of literature. I love prose and the written word. That love and appreciation can never cease. I also plan to read whatever books I put my hands on in Spanish and French.



The reason for no new spiritual reading is this: I have found my books!

They will be the first thing that I look at in the morning and the last thing at night. Coupled, of course, with the Bible.



One is a tiny volume: "The Practice of the Presence of God," by Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection.

The next contains three books in one: "Complete Works of H. Emilie CADY." (No, I'm not cheating, here. That's just the way Unity School of Christianity decided to compile the three classics: "Lessons in Truth," "How I Used Truth" and "God a Present Help.")


I don't know where you are on your spiritual journey, but after a while, sometimes a LONG WHILE, as with me, you get to a place INSIDE of you, where you reach constant communion with Spirit.

You dont' need anything else.

You don't need noise, as a distraction.

You simply want to BE STILL and to KNOW!


We're NOT talking about isolating yourself from the world. NO. As a matter of fact it is during your time of being "IN the world," that you should seek to commune most closely with Spirit and Practice the Presence.

That's where I've found myself on this new year, 2010, after a LONG JOURNEY of more than 20 years.
"As For Me And My House We Will Serve the Lord!"

Joshua 24:15

I want to BE STILL AND simply to KNOW.

These two books will be my CONSTANT REMINDERS to do so.

I'm not looking for answers anymore.

I'm found them; they are ALL within me.

I just have to get STILL ENOUGH...LONG ENOUGH ...to listen and to hear.

These two books, the ONLY two spiritual books I want with me and that staple of my life...the MOST IMPORTANT ONE, the Bible will keep me steady if ...the road gets rocky again.

Now, there's a THIRD book, too, that I need to tell you about.


It's a book of Prayers and about the Prayers.

Wonderful...Wonderful...prayers you can use for the heart and from the heart to talk to God.

This book, written by Cecilia B. Loving, is a fascinating look at how ONE WOMAN is able to pour her heart and SOUL into sharing what's on the INSIDE OF HER to help you reach your goals.

"Prayers For Those Standing on the Edge of Greatness" is a loving gift to YOU from Cecilia.

Part One:"Releasing Our Wounds," offers prayers for: Our Return to Source, Faith, Forgiveness, Release, Healing and Obedience.

Part Two: "Recognizing Our Greatness," offers prayers for: Centering, Trust, Vision, Speaking Truth, Wisdom and Discovery.

Part Three:"Claiming Our Victory," offers prayers for: Strength, Our Ancestors, Growth, Work, Superheroes, Success, Power, Love and Hope.

What I LOVE about this book is that it couples a verse (or verses)from the Bible with each prayer it offers.This is then followed by an explanation for the prayer and why it is SO SPECIFIC to your current need.

I strongly recommend this book by Cecilia Loving, not because I know her, but because I know that she speaks TRUTH and has LIVED the TRUTH about which she writes!

Cecilia B. Loving is Reverend Cecilia Loving and is the spiritual leader of SPIRITMUV (http://www.spiritmuv.com), a nondenominational church in New York. She was a practicing attorney in Manhattan for more than 22 years. She obtained her Masters of Divinity from New York Theological Seminary and has now set about BLAZING the world with her Spirit, leaving the light where ever she travels. Reverend Justin Epstein of Unity Church, Hilton Head, accurately captures her spirit when he describes her as, "an inspirational powerhouse."

Pick up "Prayers For Those Standing on the Edge of Greatness," from a local bookstore or through amazon.com or the spiritmuv.com Website. You will be EMPOWERED by PRAYERS that will help you MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Namaste',
Che'

NOTE: On January 10, 2010, I will offer a special profile of Reverend Cecilia B. Loving in a "Beautiful People" feature. Watch for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2010 to you also!
This was all good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Being low on funds I found this wonderful resouce.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/unity/lit/lit02.htm
Her writings in text online!!!

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.