Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Challenge: Go on a FAST...but it's NOT what you Think!

Out of a book of nearly 700 pages, not counting the 600 more in lessons and workbook, “The Course in Miracles” can be summed up in two lines: “There is only one problem. There is only one solution.” It took several attempts of my studying The Course to finally get IT!

“There is only one problem. There is only one solution.”

The problem: separation from Spirit.
The solution: recognizing the problem and solving it.

That’s as simple as it is...if we believe!

So, this week, I’m offering you a challenge. The challenge is simple: go on a fast.

I’m not saying to stop eating. No. I, like you, enjoy food, drinks and treats too much to offer that as a solution.

No. The fast I’m talking about is the one that keeps us separated from our Spirit: The EGO.

Can you do that?

This week, can you go on an “EGO” fast?

Every time you feel yourself responding to anything, can you get “conscious” enough to STOP!

Can you hold back your emotions, your thoughts, your need to win, to challenge someone else?

Can you stop the voice in your head that triggers your emotions?

For just THIS WEEK...can you fast?

I’m choosing to offer you this challenge this week because it is a Holy Week for people who are Christians. I know some of you reading this blog are Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist or even total non-followers of any type. So, I’m not asking you to do anything against your religion or for Christianity.

I’m simply asking you to put your EGO in check.

As you know, I am a Christian. I’d like to think that this is my Holy Week, too, according to all the teachings of my faith.

What many of you also know about me is that I also am open to all faiths. My true religion is the belief that ANY road to God...to connecting to the Spirit within you... is the right road to get you there.

So, I’m not talking about a religious practice. I’m talking about us reaching a Common Ground this week...through our connection to Spirit.

I’m choosing this week because you’ll probably see and hear some Christians running around, trying to get an extra hour or two off work on Friday. They’ll say that they are going to Good Friday services or some such thing. But...check them out 15 minutes later. They’ll probably be with their buddies at a pub down the street from work.

Then, on Saturday, some Christians, too, will be busy shopping for Easter Sunday. Most of what they’ll be buying, believe me, is BOOZE!

Yes. Easter is another occasion for us to celebrate...and yes...for some to get riotous drunk! But, hey, I'm not criticizing that either...whatever works...and once we don't get behind the wheel of a car afterwards.

So, while the Christians are busy running around and getting ready for the big day on Sunday, all you others can be getting ready to celebrate something too:

Slowing down your EGO and starting the reconnection to your Spirit!

If you’ve never meditated, this would be a good time to start, while your EGO is on hiatus. Every time you have a block of 15 minutes or extra time, try to go within...get quiet...really quiet...and start listening.

I can’t promise you that you’ll not be distracted by the “noise” of your mind...but try to focus on your breathing. Breathe In...Breathe Out. Focus on your breath. This will help keep the distractions out.

Should you stay conscious of holding off the EGO all week, by Saturday, you should feel some change. I promise. You should start to become more aware of yourself...as YOURSELF.

By Sunday, you’ll be able to understand that the message of the Resurrection is really the message of the Reconnection...to Spirit.

That was the message Jesus, The Christ, tried to teach.

That was the message that got so distorted...still is distorted to this day.
By Sunday, you’ll begin to know the TRUTH.

And you truly will start to be SET FREE!

Let me know how it goes.

And...if it doesn't work for you...don't worry: there's always next week to start back on your ego trips.

Namaste’,

Che’
No other blogs will be posted this week as we rise to the challenge of “FASTING!”

NOTE: There are two very powerful and insightful books I highly recommend, dealing with these subjects. “A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose” by Eckhart Tolle and “Your Forgotten Self: Mirrored in Jesus, The Christ,” by David Robert Ord. Both books are available through Namaste’ Publishing or amazon.com.

3 comments:

Duke said...

Peace be with the moderator, as well as those reading this message.(if this message is not censored :-)
The time has come.
I am here to bring judgment to the living and the dead. The harvest is ripe.
Pass this on to all fellow believers.
A new earth is coming soon.

The Faithful Witness
Duke

JesMe said...

Interesting comments from Duke. :o)

Che' Vyfhuis said...

NOTE FROM CHE':
Thanks to one of my readers, I have removed the reference about "a lot of Christians" to "some" Christians in the Blog. This, truly, is more accurate and reflective of what I meant. There are many, many truly committed Christians for whom this Holy Week is sacred. I truly apologize if I caused anyone any offense.

There will be those of us who, indeed, will violate even the most "sacred" of times and not appreciate the level of commitment warranted.

Thank you, Evie!

Namaste',
Che'

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.