Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Monday, March 10, 2008

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" ....When EGO tries to RULE!

I tell people all the time: unless you're on drugs or totally blitzed out on "something," DON'T SWEAT THE STUFF! Don't sweat stuff that keeps popping up to ruin your day, your sense of Peace. It's all...just stuff!

There's a great book written about that, "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff," by Richard Carlson. He's also written other good books about not sweating...when the stuff starts rolling.

Over the years, as I've grown spiritually, I've developed a radar of sorts for deciphering "small stuff," that disguises as BIG stuff! I've learned now when to KNOW the WHEAT from the CHAFF!

You see small stuff comes all wrapped up in a beautiful package. It looks great on the outside. That's part of the seduction. But through your process of discernment, even before you see the "gift" inside, you begin to have an eerie feeling...it's "just small stuff."

The "eerie" feeling you begin to have is your Spirit letting you know beforehand...not to expect much...not to be disappointed when you do see the final package. That is your intuition, your Spirit within, guiding you...and telling you "what to expect."

When you try to go against this feeling and this KNOWING...it's just your EGO trying to rule you...wanting you to start stressing...wanting you to remember it's STILL there. Well, just IGNORE it. The EGO is what causes us all the pain, strife, heartaches and heartbreaks in the world. The EGO is what causes us to feel like a failure. Rise ABOVE IT!

Don't sweat it! Just go Above or Through it! Once you learn HOW TO, then you'll ALWAYS come out okay on the other end. The key is to TRUST THE SPIRIT WITHIN YOU...TO GUIDE YOU.

Proverbs 3: 5-6,"Trust In The Lord With All Thine Heart And Lean Not To Thine Own Understanding. In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him, and He Shall Direct Thy Path!"

You know what you KNOW when you KNOW IT! Without this feeling of certainty...then...all the rest is just "chaff," or "small stuff."

Don't go chasing behind things that look attractive ...because of the packaging. Sometimes, it's just an empty package inside.

I recently learned this AGAIN! It was just a reminder...because I ALREADY knew: my SPIRIT had told me...whispered to me in a loud voice..."IT'S JUST SMALL STUFF!"

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

Namaste',

Che'

2 comments:

Zee said...

Blessings Che'

Thanks so much for this inspiration today, I truly needed to be reminded. I was just sitting here with tears in my eyes and a sadness in my heart about a relationship that I "expected" to be one way and it turns out not to be that way at all. I had just said a prayer and asked God to help me overcome my hurt and disappointment and to still love this brother for what he has contributed in my life and for showing up to share the sacred moments we have shared together. My expectations are what has stood in my way of really appreciating what we have shared and being grateful for it...and the sadness I'm feeling was again coming from my ego telling me I wasn't good enough...or worthy enough...to be the woman he would call his Queen. So here I am sitting at my computer trying to get my mind off him and the rejection I am feeling and so I decided to read emails that I haven't read in a few days (lots of them) and what should come to me are these beautiful words from you "don't sweat the small stuff"
The small stuff...yeah...that's it...it's all small stuff because my ego was trying to make me believe something that was NOT the Truth about me. What I know is that I AM WORTHY...I AM LOVABLE...AND I AM LOVED. It's not about a brother its about the feeling I allowed myself to accept as my reality about myself. It's not about a brother loving me or not loving me in MY WAY...but rather me accepting how he is able and willing to love and give of himself and me honoring that without any expectations of how I think it should look or feel to me. When I release MY expectations and just go with the flow knowing "it's All Good" then anything else becomes "small stuff" because I know that God's Love is ALL there is that I know is consistent, unconditional and eternal. What else could a sister have need of? God bless you Che' and thanks for showing up at just the right time with words of wisdom and comfort. To God Be The Glory. Namaste' Zee

Che' Vyfhuis said...

Zee:
Oh...you know that was "small stuff." Every time we place our happiness in the hands of another, then we're asking for "trouble!" The thing is that you should be your OWN QUEEN...believe it, act it and the world then accepts it. I think of a woman who calls herself a "Queen," and now she has the world acting and accepting her as a "queen." You know her...Queen Latifah. When she came on the scene with that name...I'm sure she was ridiculed. She is a large woman and not the petite type that most people would suggest is the queenly "type." But Queen Latifah broke all those stereotypes about what a queen should look like...now we all acknowledge her as some sort of "queen."
I hope my next blog, "HERO," helps you to find the QUEEN in YOU!

Namaste',

Che'

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.