Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Choosing Not to Pass Certain Life Tests: Selling Your Soul vs. Personal Authenticity!

Every time I’m given a test that would ask me to respond from a place where I have to give up even a little bit of myself, I fail. And I do so proudly...albeit resentfully...each time! There are those who would say that being flexible with others is the key. I agree. You need to be flexible on procedures, plans, strategy and for the overall common good. But don’t EVER, EVER ask of me that I sell ANY PART OF MY SOUL to fit with YOUR personal agenda!

Often in the corporate world, that’s the price many people every day are paying for a paycheck. They are quietly and steadily giving up a piece of themselves, every time they have to say “Yes,” to a practice they do not believe in. They have to grin in the face of personal insults to themselves or other people, because the perpetrator is a person in power. They grin and bear it! The question you have to ask yourself every time this happens to you and you’re tempted to say, Yes, follow it up with...BUT at what price?

There are so, many, many other people for whom saying “Yes,” at any cost is nothing. They would rather sell their souls for those paychecks than examine their souls. And those are the people who keep on going and moving on up and striving and arriving at the top. They never seem to tire of quite frankly, “Kissing Ass,” to get there. I can’t say that these people will ever have a heavy price to pay. We don't know this. Plus, it depends on the overall worth of your life. Those who still are climbing and doing and being: they would say some of us are the fools!

The truth is that if we don’t feel that what we’re doing is wrong, if we truly believe that giving ourselves away for the ability to buy goods or having a fat bank account is what life is about, then we never will have a problem. Life just moves along...and selling out...is just water rolling off a duck’s back. Those people don’t even stop to give a quick, “Quack, Quack,” to remove the impact. For there is none.

It’s those of us who struggle with a conscience I worry about and the torment they experience by saying “Yes,” when they so desperately want to say, “No!” They have a family to provide for...a mortgage to pay...a life style to maintain. They can’t compromise...jeopardize...any of THAT...for their soul...

No one but the person involved will know the ULIMATE price he or she pays. No one but that individual knows. Whether remaining unconscious to his/her Spirit or being conscious but choosing to act otherwise, that price is never known by the outside world. These are the people who seem the most successful.

But I also personally know some people who are tremendously successful without paying a price of any kind. Those are the "lucky" ones....and they are few. They learned early on how to let Spirit rule their lives...and just let the rest be...exterior to themselves. They don't take themselves too seriously, they are the nicest people to work with and for, and they quietly go about making life and the workplace a pleasant, caring one for others. THAT to me IS THE ultimate mark of success!

We're all witnesses to those who seem to operate from the Spirit within. And some of us might ask:

-What is personal authenticity anyway?
-Why is it so darn important?
-Who is the ultimate judge?

Wouldn’t you rather be admired by the masses...the multitude of people out there...for the car you drive, the neighborhood you live in...the title that you have...the company you keep?

Who truly CARES about personal “authenticity” that NO ONE...NO ONE...NO ONE ..WILL SEE?

This so reminds me of the Alicia Keys song, “No One.”

See it below! HEAR the beat...as you read...

For me, the “You” is all about Spirit! That’s the worth to ME...of Personal

Authenticity!

Namaste’

Che'

NO ONE, sung by Alicia Keys (w/Junior Reid)
(This is the abbreviated version for context).

I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all i know is everything's going to be alright

No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
...
...

When the rain is pouring down
And my heart is hurting
You will always be around
This I know for certain

You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cause
Everything's going to be alright
People keep talking they can say what they like
But all i know is everything's going to be alright

No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you
Can get in the way of what I feel

I know some people search the world
To find something like what we have
I know people will try try to divide something so real
So till the end of time I'm telling you there is no one

No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one, no one, no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.