Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Friday, March 14, 2008

To Love...Yet Feel Alone: HOW Your SPIRIT Comforts YOU!

My best friend's,Thenia's, mom died suddenly this week! She'd had seemingly routine surgery for knee replacement, went to Rehab, went home and was healing nicely. I got a call from my friend...that her mother had died. I'm still reeling from the shock, as I loved this woman as if she were a member of my own family. She was my family...because she loved me over all the years that I'd known her. Whenever she heard me anxious about something...anything...she'd say,"Don't worry, baby, just pray!"

To know Mrs. Nanette Clardy of Chicago was to know that you were loved! This is a woman whose every breath was about giving love ...and yes...being loved!

I spoke to my best friend's sister, Margrette, last night. Margrette's in a safe place emotionally because she said she feels supported from "within." She said she's still in shock, has her moments, but overall she's more surprised that she's not throwing herself up and down and all around. "A few years ago," she said, "that's what I would have done."

What happened to Margrette more than a few years ago is that she began to truly, truly get the message of the Spirit of God within her. She'd always read her Bible and was always into the "Word." But Margrette and I have had numerous discussions as she's tried to reconcile what she was hearing on the pulpit and what she was feeling in her Spirit. Now, she says, "I fully...fully get it! I KNOW the TRUTH!"

This is what happens to us when we connect fully with the Spirit! We just KNOW the TRUTH!

Last night, my best friend's sister and I also talked about their mom, about her sudden death...and why...and how...she must have made her transition. She and I theorized that her mother died...chose to give up...in the moment that she did...because she felt alone and unloved! The irony of this! A woman who lived love and breathed love...died feeling "unloved" in her moment of death.

You see the heart attack that she succumbed to...did not kill her. It was the feeling that she was alone...by herself. First, in the ambulance with the Paramedics...then in the Emergency Room. The doctor said he was having her moved from one gurney to the next when she just..."passed."

What my best friend's sister and I both KNOW is in that moment...she became FRANTIC...not knowing ...NOT FEELING the LOVE...she was so accustomed to from her three daughters, son-in-law, Ronnie, and her two grandchildren, Candice and Ronnie. "Where ARE THEY?" The doctor said she kept reaching out for his hand!

What Mrs. Nanette Clardy did not know...was that ALL HER kids were on their way. Her eldest daughter, Joanne, always the quietest of three girls, was quietly following the ambulance. Margrette, the second daughter with whom I was speaking, spoke about HOW confrontational SHE would have gotten had she been told not to ride in the ambulance. There was NO WAY she would have taken NO. But it was God's way! It was time for her mom to go!

Margrette and I both agreed that as her mom reached out for love...the human hand and touch...feeling it absent...she must have gone within...in that final moment. She must have finally made the connection to Spirit...and agreed that this is the ONLY LOVE she truly needed!

Nanette Clardy of Chicago was 76 years old.

Namaste',

Che'

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.