Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Letting Go and Letting the Process Unfold...naturally...

In his book, "Seven Spiritual Laws of Success," Deepak Chopra lists "The Law of Detachment" as one of the key laws for succeeding. Since I was exposed to Chopra's concepts in the early 1990s, I have practiced "detachment" in many situations. Sometimes, though, I tend to believe that my interference in the process would be more effective. I'm always wrong!

Every time I attempt to intercede in the natural flow of events, I always end up regretting it, or realizing that I haven't conquered my challenges with developing more patience. When I do wait, I've found that I'm always pleased with the results, even if I don't agree with some decisions. ALWAYS...the results are in DIVINE ORDER and for my highest good, because God always is in charge.

Sometimes we think we want something badly because on the outside, it seems to be all that our heart desires at that moment, or in that time or place in our lives. We feel that "if only I can get this," then my life would be all right. God always knows what truly is right for you ...in that moment..and long term.

The late James Dillet Freeman, poet and writer at Unity's School of Christianity for decades, is the person whose work most inspired me, as I embarked on this exploration of the Spirit within. Today, Freeman's work is just as powerful to me as the first day I read his poem, "I am There."***

About Faith, Dillet writes in an essay, "Help my Unbelief," "Faith is the expectation of the unexpected. Faith is an open and courageous heart. The arms of faith are outstretched, not in supplication but in surrender to life's sovereign will, in submission to the ruling order of the universe, in receptivity to good.

"Faith is the power to see in the disappointment of today, the fulfillment of tomorrow, in the end of old hopes the beginning of new life. Faith is the inward power to see beyond the outward signs, the power to know that all is right when everything looks wrong."

Now THAT IS believing in the Divine Order of things..."the inward power to see beyond the outward signs, the power to know that all is right when everything looks wrong."

Folks, that is FAITH!

With our shortsighted and limited human view, we would sell ourselves short on things we desire, believing that "this is as good as it's going to get." Whenever we get a "no" on something, we think that our life is gonna stop. But often, it gets bigger and better. God interceded and stopped us in time...before we made a decision that would not have served us in the long term. Hindsight is 20/20; God's vision is beyond perfection...it is wisdom, it is correction, it is long-term.

I've seen the wisdom and grace of God in my life so often that I should never, ever doubt that everything will work out so much better for me, were I only to wait...be patient...and know that God is in charge! Every "no," from someone or something, is God's "yes" to me! Often that "yes," is so-o much more.

Through my training at Unity, I learned that "Letting Go and Letting God" is the only thing you need to do, after you have followed all the required steps, done all that you can do. Then...YOUR work is done! Your ONLY next step then... should be to surrender all to God...by "Letting Go...and Letting God" BE GOD in your life. Ps. 46:10: "Be Still and Know that I am God."

I was reminded recently not to push things....not to have MY will be the will of the Universe for me. I've learned over time that my life truly is in Divine Order; God is in Charge...and I can and MUST "Let Go and Let God."

I've learned..that detachment...truly is the key to success.

I urge you to not push things in your life...don't force your will. Let things just be...just go with the flow...once you've done everything you know was yours to do.

This is for EVERY area of your life: with your career decisions...with your mate...in all areas of your personal and professional lives. Just know that your life TRULY IS IN "Divine Order." All that is yours will come to you naturally, without strain or struggle, through God's grace...through "Divine Order!"


Namaste',

Che'
***See text of poem in its entirety on link at the bottom of page.
See also the "Golden Key" by Emmett Fox, also on link at the bottom of page.

3 comments:

JesMe said...

Interesting and insighful. I believe it's in line with the Biblical definition of faith. According to Hebrews 11:1, "Faith isthe assurance of things hoped for, the conviction (or evidence) of things not seen." Ever onward. Whatever our situation or trials, God truly is in control.

Che' Vyfhuis said...

This blog seems to have struck a chord in many folks. I've gotten more "personal" responses and e-mails on this blog than on any other. So,"Letting Go...Letting God," is obviously a challenge ALL of us face. The reason is that we've been CONDITIONED by our EGO to try to control things, even when we are impotent to change the situation. The more put "Let go...and Let God" into practice, we more we'll begin to reduce the power of the EGO in our lives...and begin a new and more powerful connection to our Source i.e. God.

Namaste',

Che'

Che' Vyfhuis said...

Che' has left a new comment on your post "Letting Go and Letting the Process Unfold...natura...":

This blog seems to have struck a chord in many folks. I've gotten more "personal" responses and e-mails on this blog than on any other. So,"Letting Go...Letting God," is obviously a challenge ALL of us face. The reason is that we've been CONDITIONED by our EGO to try to control things, even when we are impotent to change the situation. The more we put into practice, "Letting go...and Letting God,"the more we'll begin to reduce the power of the EGO in our lives...and begin a new and more powerful connection to our Source i.e. God.

Namaste',
Che'

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.