Leo Tolstoy on God

LEO TOLSTOY ON GOD: "When you look inside yourself, you see what is called 'your own self' or your soul. You cannot touch it or see it or understand it, but you know it is there. And this part of yourself--that which you cannot understand--is what is called God. God is both around us and inside of us--in our souls.

The more you understand that you are at one with God, the more you will understand that you are at one with all His worldly manifestations."

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Freedom in Marriage: Liberating the Spirit and Soul of Your Partner!

From time to time, I hear from people that the reason they hesitated to be married is that they did not want to be caged in! I can agree with that, as I know there are some people, who are so insecure, they want to do nothing else but lock their mate up and throw away the key!

Marriage for some people can be like a prison. I don’t envy those people. So when you see it playing out differently, you want to give a big “HIGH FIVE” to the individuals involved. That’s what happened with me just yesterday, so I want to give big KUDOS to my friends *“ Sandra” and *“Lester” and to tell them to keep on keeping on with the Spirit of God leading them in their LOVE and in their LIFE!

Sandra and Lester have known each other for 20 years and have been married for 11. They are a couple in their early 40s.

I visited Sandra yesterday, just to catch up, relax and have a good afternoon. We ended up with Sandra taking photos of me, with two of her and Lester’s three cats. Those photos are now pictured on my blog.(Scroll to the bottom).

Despite the good time we were having, Sandra seemed restless all afternoon. “You look so dressed up,” she said, “We should go to Los Gatos. It’s just four miles away...totally just four miles away!”

If you know my friend, Sandra, you then knew that... WE WERE GOING TO LOS GATOS SOMEHOW!

What I didn’t know...was that Sandra also had a plan to get us there without us having to do any of the driving! We continued to enjoy our afternoon...having drinks and hors d’oeuvres and chatting while loosely watching a movie. “Lester is going to fix dinner when he gets in,” Sandra said. She still kept mentioning Los Gatos.

On cue, her husband, Lester, got in at 7:00 p.m. And within 15 minutes Sandra told him that “Che’ and I have been waiting for dinner.” So, Lester knew he had little time.

Within 30 minutes, he’d cooked up a great seafood dinner and salad, set the table. We had dinner at about 8 p.m., with Lester leading us in a thoughtful prayer.
Then...for Sandra’s next surprise!

Now, “Che’ and I would like to go to Los Gatos,” she told Lester. “Okay,” Lester said.

“And,” she added quickly, ”we don’t want to drive. So, you’ll have to drive us. Steven { their 8 year old son} is putting on his shoes and getting ready, and we’ll be ready to go in 10 minutes.”

“Okay,” Lester said.

Within 20 minutes, we were downtown Los Gatos.

Lester stopped and asked us, “Where would you like to be dropped off?”

We chose the first of three places we would visit that night.

The night was fun! Sandra and I both felt LIBERATED!

First, I was approached by a young man, Rick, half my age, who would not go away, despite our protestations. He even followed us to the next place we decided to walk to and relax.

It was truly liberating to not care if we talked to anyone else in the places we visited or they to us. We were just two good friends out having a good time!

By 11:15 p.m., we’d both had enough. It had been a long day. We took a cab back to Sandra’s and Lester’s home. I picked up my car and drove the 30minutes home.

I sent Sandra an e-mail at midnight to let her know I was home.

She was still up, so she sent an e-mail immediately back, stating that for some reason the keys she’d taken with her had not worked when she tried to get in... so, she'd had to call Lester from her cell to let her in.

“He did...through the side door,” she wrote with a smile.

I laughed in the midnight hour, because I knew how like her own woman she must have felt, going out and partying. But then...having to have her husband let her in the door like a kid!

Well...that’s all right...it’s all about being FREE in a marriage...FREE TO BE...whatever.

Lester is very, very active. He plays several instruments, runs long races, is active in all kinds of sports. So, he knows the freedom he enjoys. So, last night...on a Saturday night, he stepped aside...and let his wife just have a little FUN!

Watching my long-time friends interact brought nothing but happiness to MY heart...Now, I also have the memories, too, of a lovely little guy, Rick, who felt bold enough and grown up enough to talk to me!

Try this type of liberation! It’s good for your soul.

Namaste’,

Che’
*Names changed.

No comments:

Personal Authenticity: "To Thine Own Self Be True"...

"To Thine Own Self Be True and it must follow as the night, the day, Thou canst not then be false to ANY man."
William Shakespeare.